Speaker problems?

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have an iHome external speaker that has absolutely NO problem playing music from my phone. However, when I connect it to my MBP, it sounds staticy..... I thought it was because my external speaker was too close to my MBP, but I moved it farther apart, and it is still noticeable on my speaker. Is the iHome compatible with notebooks?

ab298

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2017
Either bluetooth or audio cable versions should be compatible, since they work from the phone I'd think; but it's worth trying a different cable if the latter.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
Either bluetooth or audio cable versions should be compatible, since they work from the phone I'd think; but it's worth trying a different cable if the latter.
I think I know what you are saying, I have a cable that I can't remember what it's called. Can you please tell the kind of cable you are talking about and maybe it'll "ring a bell for me"?

Thank you.

ab298

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2017
If your speaker uses a normal 1/8" (3.5mm) plug audio cable to connect to the headphone socket of MacBook pro or phone; then if you have different cables : try them.

a-m-k

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 3, 2009
I have something that I can't think of what the name of it's called. Its a black cord that can go into the headphone jacks of my iPod, MBP, and iPhone. I just can't remember what the cord is called. :confused: