Speaker problems?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by a-m-k, Jul 30, 2017.

1. a-m-k macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I have an iHome external speaker that has absolutely NO problem playing music from my phone. However, when I connect it to my MBP, it sounds staticy..... I thought it was because my external speaker was too close to my MBP, but I moved it farther apart, and it is still noticeable on my speaker. Is the iHome compatible with notebooks?

2. ab298 macrumors member

Either bluetooth or audio cable versions should be compatible, since they work from the phone I'd think; but it's worth trying a different cable if the latter.

3. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I think I know what you are saying, I have a cable that I can't remember what it's called. Can you please tell the kind of cable you are talking about and maybe it'll "ring a bell for me"?

Thank you.

4. ab298 macrumors member

If your speaker uses a normal 1/8" (3.5mm) plug audio cable to connect to the headphone socket of MacBook pro or phone; then if you have different cables : try them.

5. a-m-k thread starter macrumors 6502a

a-m-k

I have something that I can't think of what the name of it's called. Its a black cord that can go into the headphone jacks of my iPod, MBP, and iPhone. I just can't remember what the cord is called. :confused: