speaker quality on new iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by conshok26, Aug 18, 2007.

1. conshok26 macrumors 6502

conshok26

Im going to be getting a new imac in a little it and was wondsring what the speaker sound was like. I currently use the jbl creature speakers and considering of using the built in speakers instead to help keep down the desk clutter. If anyone happens to own both how do the two compare?

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Best bet is to go listen to the speakers yourself in a store.

I found the JBL Creature speakers to be a bit better (especially with bass) than the previous iMac (white) speakers.

3. efstuck macrumors newbie

One of the biggest surprises for me is the quality of the internal speakers on my 24" imac. I haven't bothered to attach my altec lansing speakers yet because they are pretty good by itself as long as you aren't too picky. I watch tv shows from across the room and i can hear it just fine.

4. togermano macrumors regular

Its pretty good I can still hear 80s basslines and cowbells and clapper percussions woohoo

5. pcorajr macrumors 6502

They Sound ok, I used them the first day after i got my iMac. after that i plugged in my Logitech speakers.

6. Gosh macrumors 6502

7. Hibbsy macrumors member

Absolutely they are just fine for all normal use much better than the old imac IMO. :)

8. drafty5857 macrumors newbie

Much better than Imac G5, heard the two side by side.

9. sarah3585 macrumors regular

sarah3585

That's what I wanted to know. I find the G5 to be fine but could do with an extra notch when watching dvds in bed. :)

10. Millwood macrumors regular

Needs more cowbell!

Sorry, I had to do it.

11. ViperDesign macrumors 6502a

ViperDesign

"Guess what, I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbells" :D

12. rainydays macrumors 6502a

They are quite good for built in speakers. But they aren't something I would listen to music on.

13. powerbook911 macrumors 68040

powerbook911

They do sound better than most built in speakers. My soundsticks sound quite a bit better though.

14. bonafide macrumors regular

I find the speakers to be more then enough. I haven't played any games on this computer yet. So I cannot give you a full review but so far with music, movies they do that job!