Speaker Rattle Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by DeadAir, May 8, 2010.

1. DeadAir macrumors newbie

DeadAir

Hi, does anybody else have a slight raffle/ muffled sound coming from their internal speakers when playing audio at about 80% volume?
    It also happens with the clicking noise when adjusting the volume level and in other programs but doesnt happen with headphones/ speakers so its not a software problem.
    Its only the left speaker of my MBP, which came on quite suddenly.
    Its very annoying and quite worrying since its predominantly a music production/ DJ'ing laptop.:(

Any ideas what could be causing it? Any solutions?
    Thanks.

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

It could be that the speaker's connector inside the computer is loose.

3. lomacbudget macrumors newbie

I have iMac G3 with new speaker problem

My internal G3 iMac speakers started to buzz and sound lousy. First, the left speaker. I used the Preferences sound section, and changed the balance to play only on the right speaker. I also tried the iTunes Equalizer, and adjusting the bass out of the sound helped somewhat. The right speaker buzzes now, just not as bad as the left. Too much signal into one speaker? I don't play it loud.

Is this more likely a speaker gone bad, or the internal sound circuitry dying? Before I replace the internal speaker or buy an external speaker set, how can I test the sound circuitry? Thanks!