speaker recomendation

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by windels, Oct 3, 2009.

1. windels macrumors regular

windels

hi everyone!

I'm am looking to buy a 2.1 speakerset but I realy don't know to what I have to pay atention to. I'm willing to spend around 100 €'s. my main purpose is listening to music, not gaming. I was thinking creative or logitech; unless you have something else to recommend?

thanks!

edit: after further looking in to it, i'm am left with the swan m10's and the logitech z2300 or maybe the sound sticks. any advice?

2. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

3. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

4. haiggy macrumors 65816

5. karatekidk macrumors regular

I have been happy with my Creative Inspire T12! Good sound quality (to me) and very affordable.

6. KeriJane macrumors 6502a

KeriJane

I've got two computer speaker sets here.

The Logitech Z-4 has a wonderful wired remote volume / Bass / power control that is a joy to use. Put it next to your Keyboard and it's perfect.
    The speakers themselves are merely OK, being a bit flat in the mid to upper ranges but having good Bass.

My other set is the incredible Harmon-Kardon SoundSticks 2.
    These things sound totally awesome.
    The disadvantage is the lack of controls and the love it or hate it style.
    There is only a touch-sensitive volume control pad on the RH stick and a Bass knob on the Subwoofer. No Power Switch, no remote of any kind. Just astoundingly clear, crisp sound.

I recommend them both.
    The Z4 for convenience and the SoundSticks for Sound Quality.

Have Fun,
    Keri

7. The Hammer macrumors regular

8. pukifloyd macrumors 6502a

pukifloyd

9. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

10. windels thread starter macrumors regular

windels

swan m10

thanks everyone for your input!

@ thegoldenmackid, I read your review , and many others, about the m10's and I think I will buy those. Just one last thing, would you recommend them for listening to electro music? nothing extremely basy but some stuff that does have a decent baseline. Also I love some Indie and alternative rock.And are they better than the creative T40's or Harman Kardon Soundsticks ii?

And last but not least, does anyone know an online store that delivers them in europe? I checkt amazon but they don't sell them.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I am not sure if theaudioinsider.com ships to Europe. I would have no problems recommending the Swans for techno music. They are accurate and the midwoofer produces a unique and accurate replication of the bass as opposed to a massive overpowering subwoofer. They will be much bassier then the T40s, but different the most systems you here. If I had to recommend another model in the relative price range I'd recommend the Klipsch Pro Media 2.1, although the accuracy is not the same.

12. windels thread starter macrumors regular

windels

already checked, they don't do europe. guess I'll have to go 60 miles, to me closest swan store :(

realy realy realy thank you for your help!

13. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

At least you have a Swan store. theaudioinsider is all we have in the States. It's worth the drive.

14. Shownarou macrumors regular

Before I opened this thread, I wasn't in the market for new speakers.. Thank you very much thegoldenmackid. :D