Speaker system for a party of 25, & start and stop remotely

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by Drew n macs, Dec 18, 2011.

1. Drew n macs macrumors member

Looking for suggestions for a speaker system that will work well for a party of 25 people and maybe a docking station that would tie into speakers via an iphone or ipad. I am not sure if i could tap into wifi network, but would like to have it set up to pause, start and stop, and pick music remotely if possible.

Any suggestions on a system that will work with my needs.

2. ChrisA macrumors G4

Buy an Airport Express. Plug that into any stereo system. Then you share your iTunes library. Now any IOS device and may the shared library and it can select the Airport Express as the speaker.

3. Drew n macs thread starter macrumors member

Buy an Airport Express. Plug that into any stereo system. Then you share your iTunes library. Now any IOS device and may the shared library and it can select the Airport Express as the speaker.

The problem with the airport express is that I dont think they will be wifi available. Will the airport express speaker set up work with out a wifi network. i do have access to airport extreme if it will work.

4. ChrisA macrumors G4

Airport Express needs a network connection. That connection can be WiFi or it can be a wire.

But really all you need to connect an iPod to a stereo is an audio cable