Speakerphone and Proximity problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mac-Addict, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

So I've had my iPhone 4 for a day or so now and have noticed the proximity sensor is much weaker and you have to be pushing your head against the actual phone and that when I have speakerphone turned on the mic does not work. This problem is only confined to speakerphone, the mic works in every other situation even on skype speakerphone works.

I was wondering if anyone had similar problems?

2. tclamp07 macrumors member

I have the proximity sensor problem but my speakerphone and mic seem to be working fine. I have a genius bar appt. tomorrow.

3. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

It's really annoying, looking at the apple discussion board it looks like everyone has the weak proximity problem. A software fix should fix it. My mic dead while the speaker is on doesn't seem to be common though :(

4. gceo macrumors 6502a

gceo

I had this problem too. Apple CS guy said to hard reset it. I did. Hasn't happened again since. Could be a coincidence, or maybe not. Too early to tell. I'll report back.

5. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

6. tclamp07 macrumors member

Me either:confused:

7. Ogrillion macrumors member

Now I have never had an iphone so maybe I am not used to holding an iphone a certain way? But I haven't had any issues with my proximity sensor.

It turns off when it gets near my face and goes back on when I move it away. I haven't tried it outside at all but indoor office lighting, at home etc works like I would imagine it should.

8. Mac-Addict thread starter macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

9. Tilpots macrumors 601

Tilpots

10. t-rev macrumors member

Took mine into the apple store today due to proximity problems....his answer..."don't move the phone so much." Said if it keeps happening to bring it back, first call I made while in the car on the way back home my face hit the end call button. Will be going back tomorrow.

11. Subliminal28 macrumors newbie

The proximity issue is really obnoxious... it must be due to the placing of the front facing camera... They need to adjust the sensitivity... I notice some people have it some don't, I think it's due to the physical attributes of their ears... I talked about an hour yesterday and was sweating and had it, yet today, it hasn't happened at all... Guess I am dumbo.