Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
The fact that I haven't seen this mentioned in too many other threads makes me start thinking my watch is defective. The call volume is so low that even in a silent room I struggle to hear the person I'm talking to even when it's turned up all the way. It's extremely irritating. Is this a software problem or is the speaker really that low? I feel like notification sounds are much louder than the call volume.

----------

And before anyone comes here with any of those oh so original smartass comments about looking stupid talking into a watch in public and why do I need to answer calls on my watch anyway....don't. It's a really convenient feature to use around the house especially while my iPhone is in my room charging.

VPrime

macrumors 68000
Dec 19, 2008
London Ontario
I don't have my watch yet, but I saw a few threads on this before. A few people suggested that restarting the watch helps.

Che Castro

macrumors 603
May 21, 2009
Where you been everyone knows the call volume is low
Everyone who has an apple watch , is been discussed here and in reviews

I asked a few days ago if it was a software or a hardware problem , because the notification sound is loud
Maybe apple made the call volume low on purpose

iBlazed

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2014
New Jersey, United States
I asked a few days ago if it was a software or a hardware problem , because the notification sound is loud
Maybe apple made the call volume low on purpose

If they did it on purpose then they should have just omitted the feature, because at this volume the speakerphone is useless. And that's on the highest volume, if you lower the volume its almost silent.

FrankieG889D

macrumors member
Jun 21, 2009
If you can't hear it in a silent room its probably defective. But it's really not that loud. Anything louder would be obnoxious for the watch.. The only time I use it is if i literally can't get to my phone.

pat1228

macrumors newbie
Apr 11, 2015
I use the call feature while I'm driving and when I'm at home. It's too soft for public use but I got a Bluetooth headset for that.

mac&cheesey

macrumors 6502
Dec 21, 2008
The fact that I haven't seen this mentioned in too many other threads makes me start thinking my watch is defective. The call volume is so low that even in a silent room I struggle to hear the person I'm talking to even when it's turned up all the way. It's extremely irritating. Is this a software problem or is the speaker really that low? I feel like notification sounds are much louder than the call volume.

I listened to an audio iMessage today. First time I listened it was clearly audible. The second and subsequent times, without adjusting the volume level, it was nearly inaudible. Could just barely hear noise; too low to make out words even with the watch up to my ear.

Worried mine is defective.

m&c

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.