Speakerphone call volume way too low

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by iBlazed, May 18, 2015.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

The fact that I haven't seen this mentioned in too many other threads makes me start thinking my watch is defective. The call volume is so low that even in a silent room I struggle to hear the person I'm talking to even when it's turned up all the way. It's extremely irritating. Is this a software problem or is the speaker really that low? I feel like notification sounds are much louder than the call volume.

----------

And before anyone comes here with any of those oh so original smartass comments about looking stupid talking into a watch in public and why do I need to answer calls on my watch anyway....don't. It's a really convenient feature to use around the house especially while my iPhone is in my room charging.

2. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I don't have my watch yet, but I saw a few threads on this before. A few people suggested that restarting the watch helps.

3. Che Castro macrumors 603

Where you been everyone knows the call volume is low
    Everyone who has an apple watch , is been discussed here and in reviews

I asked a few days ago if it was a software or a hardware problem , because the notification sound is loud
    Maybe apple made the call volume low on purpose

4. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

If they did it on purpose then they should have just omitted the feature, because at this volume the speakerphone is useless. And that's on the highest volume, if you lower the volume its almost silent.

5. FrankieG889D macrumors member

If you can't hear it in a silent room its probably defective. But it's really not that loud. Anything louder would be obnoxious for the watch.. The only time I use it is if i literally can't get to my phone.

6. pat1228 macrumors newbie

pat1228

I use the call feature while I'm driving and when I'm at home. It's too soft for public use but I got a Bluetooth headset for that.

7. mac&cheesey macrumors 6502

8. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I'm starting to really think it's a software issue because it's so inconsistent. Voicemails and notifications are noticeably louder.