speakers: 13" MBA vs 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by radiohead14, Aug 19, 2013.

1. radiohead14 macrumors 6502a

anyone have both and could let me know if the rMBP has better sound quality? i had an older MBP, and the speakers seemed to be on par with my Air, which was disappointing. hoping that the 13" retina has improved on it. thanks

2. racer1441 macrumors 68000

I would say the air sounds better actually. The rMbp was always tinny to me.

3. tecknik1 macrumors member

I have both computers and I believe the RMBP is alot better you just need to use the equalizer to adjust the bass for your taste.

4. Kushp14 macrumors regular

rmbp 13 has better speakers than a macbook air !

5. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

hmm.. mixed responses so far. i tried to see if ifixit has comparisons of the speakers within their teardowns, but no luck.

thanks. would you say it's louder or fuller?

6. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Go into the Apple store and test them out if you can. In my experience, I found the rMBP speakers to be better. Which is to be expected given how the Air is thinner, etc.

But they are both still laptop speakers, so there won't be a big difference.

7. radiohead14 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pretty hard to do considering they have them both at their own separate sections. and even if i could ask one of the staff to get them side by side.. can't do a real A/B test in a crowded store.