Speakers, are these worth getting?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ezekielrage_99, Jan 13, 2008.

1. ezekielrage_99 macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

I thinking of getting a new set of speakers for my iMac, I have a 2.1 set of Altec Lansing VS4121 and they sound horrid, seriously they are bad, the sound quality is retarded....

Edifier speakers have just started to sell speakers in the land of Oz but I haven't really had any experience with this brand.

So the question is three fold
    1) Are Edifier as a brand any good?
    2) Which ones are recommended for overall value for money and quality of sound from the Edifier range?
    3) If anyone else has a really good suggestion for some nice speakers in the price range of USD$30 to USD$130 that would be perfectermondo :cool:

2. smogsy macrumors 6502a

jbl the humback ones are suppodly good but logitech are great!

3. bartelby macrumors Core

JBL Creatures?

I've heard very mixed things about them.
    Best thing to do is go to somewhere that stocks them and ask to try them out. Take your iPod and plug it in.

4. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

The speaker will be used for 3 things, my iPod, iMac and Macbook so I'm after some decent speakers that will be consistant overall

5. DesignerOnMac macrumors 6502a

DesignerOnMac

I have the JBJ Creatures in white on an ibook, like my sound loud, these sound great. Also have JBL Soundsticks on my new iMac and they sound great also. Have had these for about 5 years or more now. Still sound great!

6. SubaruNation555 macrumors 6502

I've had my JBL Creatures for more then a year now and they are starting to get crackly at any volume, any song, any input cable and with any source. When they worked correctly they were great although the though controls get old.

I hear pretty good things about Logitech speakers, especially for the money.

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

These may be slightly out of your price range, but I have them and I love them.

Bose Companion II, Series II. Link 1, Link 2.

~$145.

David

8. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

Bose are a little out of my price range at the moment, and also in Australia Bose is too darn expensive.

9. trollking macrumors member

trollking

Any other recommendations for speakers. I just ordered a new Mac Pro and need to get some speakers for it. For gaming and voice chat and movies and music. Any thoughts would be appreciated. I would like to keep the price around $100... but if there are amy must haves people recommend.

Thanks for any input

10. ezekielrage_99 thread starter macrumors 68040

ezekielrage_99

To me the general consensus on speaker recommendations on JBL speakers.

Still I think the best option I have is to take my iPod and Macbook into the shop and connect then...

11. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I would seriously consider the SoundSticks if I were you, I have them and they are probably the best budget computer speakers there are in the world!

EP