Speakers: better on rMBP or rMB?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ByteTheBooty, Mar 17, 2015.

1. ByteTheBooty macrumors regular

Phil didn't say anything about the speakers during the keynote, but since they aren't hidden anymore, could they be better/improved?

2. PDFierro macrumors 68040

Probably. But to be fair, the MBA already had good speakers. I'm sure the rMB will be able to get pretty loud.

3. pasadena macrumors 6502a

pasadena

Well, who knows ? But I tend to be wary of what Apple doesn't talk about.

4. Hieveryone macrumors 68020

Exactly! If they had put beats audio in it or something else, made it really nice, they would have mentionted it. LIke the iphone 3g:

"At Apple we pay a lot of attention to how you hold the device. We developed a revolutionary phone that feels good in your hand. Almost like you're squeezing a nice pair of American goodness"

1 year later iPhone 4 comes out and people are like what the cuff lol.

5. MagicBoy macrumors 68040

MagicBoy

6. iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

Smaller space for a speaker generally means the quality will not be as good (especially the bass).

7. lchlch macrumors 6502a

I think it'll be good, just because its front facing.

8. drjsway macrumors 6502a

Most likely rMBP. Good speakers require space. That's why MBA 13" speakers are better/louder than MBA 11".

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

We really won't know until we get the computer in our hands, but I'd venture a guess and say the speakers will be decent.

10. Serban Suspended

In the video spec shows the 4 speaker grills beneath that surface grill...so the sound will be on par with the 13" MBA

11. newellj macrumors 601

Audio on the 11" MBA is quite good. I bet the rMB will be very good.

12. msb3079 macrumors 6502a

msb3079

Acoustics can be a determining factor just as much, and sometimes more, than speakers themselves. rMBP benefits from reflecting off the surface, but also being far enough on edges to not have sound blocked. "Natural" amplification kind of like holding your hand behind the iPhone speaker. "Louder" and a lower volume, less distortion.

Who knows, but my guess is that the sounds accuracy should be similar or maybe better on the new rMB, but the sound imaging won't be nearly as good. End result - probably close - but probably better on the rMBP. But we will know for sure, soon. Either way, they're both just basic computer speakers.

13. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

No one knows

It is thin though so don't expect too much!!!!

14. Serban Suspended

not a thin thing because it takes the whole top thickness , so it not share the space with the keyboard like in MBA. SO the space will be the same

15. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

With each iPhone launch Apple never mentions the speakers. However, it's been verified that each new iPhone model has a louder speaker than its predecessor.

Just because Apple doesn't mention it, does not mean it's a negative item.

16. brand macrumors 601

brand

It is guaranteed that they may or may not be better/improved.

Seems kind of absurd that you would think that anyone here would know that when the device has not even been released yet.

17. dexterbell macrumors 6502a

With how thin the MB is, no chance it has better speakers than the MBP. Look at the iPad Air 2, the whole thing vibrates with the sound up because its so thin and light. Expect the MB to do the same.

18. PDFierro macrumors 68040

I'm sure the sound will be equal to that of the 11" Air if not better.

19. newellj macrumors 601

...which is pretty d@mned good sound, actually! I'm serious, if it's that good, and I don't see why it wouldn't be, that's great.