Speakers broken, Help needed!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Archernick, Oct 24, 2009.

1. Archernick macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. So i got my Macbook Pro 15inch 2.8ghz model about 3 months ago now. Everything was fine up until the speakers just decided to die. They wouldnt work for about 3 days. The mac wouldnt detect its own internal speakers no headphones. So one day it detects them (Yay!) but i get this constant Static/Crackling/Popping. It gets faster and faster when i use it until it sounds like clicking. This is driving me nuts! Ive noticed that when i run boot camp (Windows seven) the optical LED flashs when the crackling/clicking/popping occurs, but when it starts when im on OS it doesnt light up at all. If anyone knows anything to help me it would be AMAZING as i really could do with some audio right now. I bought the Macbook via PC Worlds finance plan, So i dont know if Apple will help me or not. Thanks again guys!

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

This is probably a hardware problem. The machine is still under manufacturer's 12 month warranty. Take it back to the retailer first, before trying Apple. It's possible that repairs might take some time.

3. Archernick thread starter macrumors newbie

I just hope they dont try and fob me off :p. Its annoying though when you pay £1699 for a laptop just for it to break in the first 3 months. Suppose thats life though =)