Speakers compared to MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by IJBrekke, Jan 12, 2014.

1. IJBrekke macrumors 6502

I've been enjoying my new rMBP for the past couple of weeks, but one thing has bothered me: speaker quality. I've compared it to my older 11" MBA and my girlfriend's 13" MBA and I'd consider the new rMBP the worst of the three. It's significantly more "tinny" overall. I did go into iTunes and try different equalizer settings, but even trying to boost the bass I get absolutely none. I do mean NONE...I put me ear up to the unibody and can barely hear it at all. I can hear bass pretty easily on the Airs, so I don't think it's a size issue.

Any comments on speaker quality for you? This is the 13" rMBP, by the way.

2. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

Have you tried Boom? Probably my favorite app for my MBP. I have the 15", which I assume has better speakers, but I was blown away by how much better Boom made them sound. The app's main distinguishing feature is that it has the ability to boost the volume of your speakers way beyond the stock limit - but I rarely use that part. I regularly use the equalizer - which is system wide and has many presets but is also customizable - to make music and movies sound much better.

http://www.globaldelight.com/boom/

3. IJBrekke thread starter macrumors 6502

I've used Boom continuously on my MBA for 2 years and love it, but I haven't downloaded it yet for the new computer because of so many noted issues with Mavericks compatibility. Go to the App Store and you'll see all the comments about it. I have every intention of giving it a try but not until they work out the rest of the bugs.

4. Strikerblob macrumors newbie