Speakers crack/pop randomly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ronaldcastillo, Jul 17, 2017.

1. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

It's been happening for a while now, the speakers would randomly crack. I noticed it started happening after I updated to 10.12.5 (it didn't happen when I first got it). My MacBook Pro also makes that soft popping/clicking noise as well (from what most people said, it's coming from the hinge). Not sure if it's the software update, because my speakers play music/audio perfectly. Anyone else experiencing this issue?

2. danniexi macrumors 6502

right speaker seems to crackle when audio is playing at medium volume. the volume is also less pronounced compared to the left side. I'm assuming that it's blown. that being said it's constant and not random at all. I will have to take it to my nearest apple store for a genius bar appointment. ugh.

3. Rusty33 macrumors 6502

Rusty33

4. Boneheadxan macrumors regular

Boneheadxan

I have this issue happening as well. As OP mentioned, didn't have any issues all these months. Now on 10.2.5 it pops a couple of times everyday. It sounds like the hinge popping, but I'm pretty sure it's the speaker because I see it happen even with no movement. Audio plays through fine. Anyone got any ideas? I really hope this is a software issue.

5. compukortschnoi macrumors newbie

Hello everyone,

are you still experiencing this?

I'm asking because I came across this problem myself, but I do not own a MacBook - it's a Mac mini. So this phenomenon could be software-related.

Best regards,
    compukortschnoi

6. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

This may be a different issue, but I've run into crackly sounding playback in the right speaker when connecting my iPhone 7 to my car stereo (it shows up as an iPod). I have to unplug my phone and plug it back into the stereo to make the crackling go away.