Speakers for iMac

DXoverDY

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2005
dondark said:
really? i heard that it would out on November. Can you buy it online? And how much is it in your local store? Thanks.
$399 USD

And yes, you can order from the website. Just goto the products page, and goto the SoundDock and Multimedia page.

wchong

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2006
Miami, Fl
orangezorki said:
You did see the desktop version that costs 5% of the price, right?

David
oops i missed it, but even then it is still outside my budget. that is way too expensive. :D 500GBP plus VAT holy cow. :D

SRSound

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2005
My votes is for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 system. They're the best desktop speakers I've heard yet! (although if you're concerned about appearance, they wont match your iMac too well)

Picture

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
You people amaze me. Bose doesn't even bother to make their speakers play every frequency we can hear. I have listened to Bose in many different environments. They are the most overpriced speaker I know of, even exceeding Bang & Olufsen. But please, feed the marketing machine.

Computer geeks...feh

Jimmieboy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 30, 2005
Australia
JAT said:
You people amaze me. Bose doesn't even bother to make their speakers play every frequency we can hear. I have listened to Bose in many different environments. They are the most overpriced speaker I know of, even exceeding Bang & Olufsen. But please, feed the marketing machine.

Computer geeks...feh
Well what do you recomend?

Tucom

macrumors 65816
Jul 29, 2006
Jimmie, Bose makes fantastic speakers, you will not be dissapointed by them at all, there are these biased people who will do all in their power to brain wash you other wise, but I am telling you that Bose will blow most other multimedia speakers out-da-water, and rivals alot of home systems. No, I am not a Bose head, listening to a Klipsch Ifi :cool: If you can, get either a the Ifi or the Bose Companion line. Have both the Ifi and the Companion 3, both VERY nice speakers. Bose makes incredible quality speakers.period.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Jimmieboy said:
I'm planning on buying some speakers for my iMac in the next month or two. I was wondering if anyone has the Bose® Companion® 3 Multimedia Speakers. If so whats the sound like and pictures would be great. Thanks!

I have a set of Bose Companion 3 speakers hooked up to my MacBook Pro and I LOVE THEM! :D Great speakers, loud, crystal clear sound- Highly Recommended! :)

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Another vote here for the Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 speakers. I've had my set for about 3yrs or so and couldn't be happier.