Speakers for iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LordOfTheMacs, Feb 19, 2009.

1. LordOfTheMacs macrumors member

Hey guys, (and girls)
    I use an iMac G5 (1.8,512megs,160 hdd) and love to blast my iTunes library. While looking at apples suggested Cube setup I saw harman/kardon's Soundsticks. the apple store nearest me had them hooked up to a 24 inch iMac
    (Which made my imac feel really bad when he saw me eye the 24 incher AND the speakers). I will probably buy these for the G5 as playing around with them really made me feel as if Rihanna was really singing to me. Plus they are so stinking beautiful.I was wondering if you guys approve of this purchase or have any concerns about the reliability of the speakers.:apple::apple::apple::D:D:D

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

After doing my homework I settled on the Klipsch Promedia 2.1's I have now. If you're able, get someone make you new 14 gauge interconnects for the satellites.

3. KettyKrueger macrumors 6502

KettyKrueger

I've got the Soundsticks and I agree with you that they sound and look great.

As for reliablity, I've had mine for about 18 months and not had a single problem with them...well, my daughter dropped a plectrum into the sub which made it rattle for days!! But the little sucker slide out easily once I'd worked out what the problem was!

4. Agurri macrumors 6502

Agurri

I really like my JBL Creature II speakers... small but powerfull, it's elegant and it fits well my white macbook :)

5. chocolate632 macrumors 6502

I was in the same position as you, trying to find some good speakers for my iMac G5:) I tried a few and some at the apple store and i bought the Logitech Z2300's. I LOVE THEM. Their amazing speakers and great for listening to music at any loudness. my only beef is how big the sub is.

Here is the link to them at tiger direct
    http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applicati...pNo=1068243&sku=L23-6326&srkey=Logitech Z2300

Believe me, their amazing speakers, and their good looking too!!