Speakers for MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by blurb23, Sep 7, 2010.

1. blurb23 macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I'm looking for a good looking set of speakers. I'm not so much worried about what they sound like (I'm not exactly an audiophile, so I'm not going to be able to tell the difference between $40 and $300 speakers), but rather that they look cool.

The SoundStick IIs look pretty sweet, but they're rather expensive. I'm ideally looking for something around $40-80. Any ideas?

2. No1nfoProvided macrumors 6502

Logitech Z-4i (the white ones or the I-4, if everything else you have is black). The white with aluminum trim matches the Apple look pretty well imo.

EDIT: Nevermind. After a quick search, it looks like these speakers were discontinued by Logitech.

3. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

the altec lansing expressionist BASS FX3022 model in black looks pretty snazzy. these should sound pretty decent too. And as far as high end speakers go, if you have ears , you will be able to tell the difference. Trust me, don't look at bose and stuff. Look at some klipsch or Adam speakers. if you listen to those once, you will be lusting after them till you get them.

4. James L. macrumors newbie

Logitech Z-5. They look sorta like Bowers & Wilkins MM-1s... but are a lot more affordable.

They're discontinued, but they can still be found online.

5. cmhsam macrumors 6502

Harmon and Kardon sound sticks. Best set of speakers I have owned.

6. blurb23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks for the advice guys, I'll look into those :)

Yeah, those are ideally what I want... but they're SO expensive.

7. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

I would recommend logitech z-5450 any day of the week. Their not in production any more so you should be able to snatch them up second hand for a decent price.
    mine are easily able to play up my 1500sqft house, while still sounding terrific. In regards to looks i'd say their neutral :p

8. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

Why get stuff that sounds good when you can buy stuff that looks good.

You could go for the opposite. Buy furniture that looks ugly but sounds good, and you'll set everything into balance!

Check out http://www.axiomaudio.com they make real speakers, not the paper cone & plastic distortion boxes they call computer speakers these days