Speakers for MBP ?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by viggen61, Jul 3, 2008.

1. viggen61 macrumors 6502

Ok, so i decided last month to move my MBP back to the office, and hook it up to my 20" Apple Cinema Display, and relegate the G4 to a pair of 15" Apple Studio Displays. The G4 has an iSub and the Apple Digital Speakers (which don't work on much more than this particular G4), and sound good for listening to my iTunes library while working on the Mac.

So, I want to get something for the MBP.

Aside from getting a mini stereo for the office (always an option...), what's the "latest and greatest" in computer sound for the desktop?

I've always been a fan of the Harman Kardon Soundsticks, and the Soundsticks II look like just what I want. But I wasnted to get some other opinions from folks who have purchased recently.

Thanks!

Have a Happy 4th!

:apple::apple:

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

just get the jbl creatures, a lot of sound for little dough, plus they are really low profile so saves desk space

3. viggen61 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the tip. I'll look at the Creatures.

Not sure what you mean about saves desk space. They still need to go someplace on the desk, even if they are shorter.

:apple::apple:

4. grouper macrumors regular

i really like sound sticks. my bf has them (used to be hooked up to his power mac, but now they are hooked up to his tv)

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Altec Lansing FX6021

Blue Sky Exo 2.1

Logitech Z-5500

or pro monitors

6. kjwarren macrumors newbie

I am using the bose companion III speakers... I like them a lot. They were a little pricey, but definitely better than the logitechs I was working with before. :)

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've used both the Bose Companion 2 and Companion 3 speakers. Bose makes good stuff!

8. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Which Logitechs?