Speakers For The Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by AbsenceOfTruth, Jun 16, 2007.

1. AbsenceOfTruth macrumors regular

I got rid of my 5.1 speaker system along with my desktop computer. I own a MBP now and I would love to get a nice 2.1 sound system for it. What's the best money could buy within a reasonable price for the MBP?

Thanks. :)

2. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I don't know what your price range, but in my opinion there isn't a much better all around 2.1 system (bass, acoustic, design..etc..) then the Logitech FX6021. I love mine, you met recognize it from the Apple Store. Amazon has it for $140, which is an incredibly good deal, occasionally you can find one cheaper....absolutely amazing though...:D

3. dogbone macrumors 68020

dogbone

@=AbsenceOfTruth

Don't know what you want to spend but you could consider a pair of near field monitors then you wouldn't need the .1

if you can stretch to $500 I'd suggest the KRK V4's, they'd look pretty spiffy with it too.

4. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

and I thought $150 was high...

5. flowagner macrumors member

flowagner

jbl spot. 130 bucks
    jbl creature2. 100 bucks
    jbl contact. tip: those are hot. 100 bucks
    harman/kardon soundsticks. 150 bucks

6. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Does anyone have any experience of these speakers? They look interesting because, unusually for a 2.0/2.1 system, they allow you to use a digital connection, which in theory should provide a far better sound than using a normal stereo analogue connection.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Heard them in a studio they sounded great, I don't know for my purposes if i would spend that much because here in the U.S. can get a decent 5.1 for that price. With other alternatives to a standard analog connection you must remember that you have digital output otherwise it's useless...or near useless...

8. Tucom macrumors 65816

Tucom

Quantity doesn't always = quality my friend. You would get considerably (99% of the time) less sound quality if you were to get an iso-priced 5.1 set instead vs a 2.1 set.

For a quality self-powered set, I HIGHLY recommend any of the Bose Companion sets.

If you want to take it an enjoyable level further, it's all about the KRK's :cool: Or any studio monitors within the $150 and up range ;)

Rockin' the KRK passive series myself :D Quality stuff, just like :apple:

Peace

9. T0mmyGunZ macrumors member

bose are overpriced garbage. they use the same interior stuff u can get at radioshack for 5$.
    get klipsch pro media 2.1. very good

10. shipdestroyer macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

Logitech Z-4i sound alright. Bass is a little overpowering at times, but Amazon had them for $75 with a $20 rebate not too long ago.

11. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Obviously, My recommendation was for the Logitech FX6021. I just don't see what purpose the average music listener would have for $250 monitors, especially when you can spend a good $150 and get: A. decent monitors, B. Very Good Quality 2.1, C. Above Average/Good 5.1's (Which would probably be ideal for the average listener/gamer/movie watcher). If your looking for monitor's, you probably should mention specific purposes....