Speakers - Is this possible?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by taunker, Oct 7, 2012.

1. taunker macrumors newbie

I understand there are wireless speakers out there which can play musc through bluetooth or airplay, but is anyone aware of systems which can do the following:

not just wirelessly play music which i'm playing on my mbp, but also the sound from anything else? ie, if im watching netflix, youtube, skyping etc on my mac, have the sound coming out of the speakers instead of the built-in mbp speakers?

i've googled, asked around, and didnt find anything, so figured i'd ask if anyone on here has seen such a system!

2. taunker thread starter macrumors newbie

wow nice! thanks for pointing that out. so i'd also have to buy a set of speakers which connect into airport express? sorry newb here lol

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You can plug any speakers into the AE, either directly (such as any computer speakers), or through an amp (such as home theater system speakers).

4. taunker thread starter macrumors newbie

5. hakuin macrumors regular

Just a note to add, the way audio is played through an Airport Express means there is always a 2-second delay, including when using AirFoil. Not a problem with playing music or video (AirFoil includes a way of compensating for the 2-second delay for video), but I doubt Skype will be usable.