Speakers making noise

Lynne326

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Hi everyone, I have an 8 year old macbook pro 17in. The speakers have started making like a vibration noise when playing, does this mean they need replaced, or is there something I can do to fix it? Seems like it's just the left one.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Lynne

rich06

macrumors newbie
Nov 30, 2011
Antibes, France
Hi everyone, I have an 8 year old macbook pro 17in. The speakers have started making like a vibration noise when playing, does this mean they need replaced, or is there something I can do to fix it? Seems like it's just the left one.

Thank you in advance for any help!

Lynne
FWIW - I have a late 2011 17" MBP with the exact same problem. However, I mainly use headphones so I haven't done anything about it yet

Lynne326

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Thank you, yes, I was thinking about using headphones more, but I don't want to do that continuously.

BrianBaughn

macrumors 604
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
My 2008 MacBook has a blown speaker (the one with the "subwoofer") and sounds pretty bad.

Your headphone jack may not be fitting properly. Have you tried multiple headphones?

You could get a decent sounding (better than the laptop) bluetooth speaker (some are even stereo) that would circumvent the need for a connector if you find that your jack is definitely not working. Most of those will charge via USB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.