Speakers muffled

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by yannerd, Jan 9, 2012.

1. yannerd macrumors newbie

I've owned my Macbook Pro for about 2 months now and theres a problem with my speakers. They essentially sound muffled and quiet. Anyways, I brought it back to the Apple store and they reluctantly replaced my speakers and had it ready to go. I brought it home and the problem was more or less gone. Now it isn't persistently muffled just goes muffled for a bit (about 2 or 3 seconds) and goes back to normal every little while. I suspect it's a bad speaker connection of some sort. Anyone else experience this issue?

2. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Does it happen on ac power and battery?? If just ac could be dirty power getting through the supply (try using the 3 prong connector if this is the case). Is it close to anything that could be causing interference, such as GSM phones will cause interference every so often when connecting to the network for the handshake (I had a device that would activate the speakers on my desktop 3 seconds before it would ring so I always knew when it was about to ring)?

3. yannerd thread starter macrumors newbie

Happens on both AC and battery. Isn't close to anything that will cause interference. I do notice that when it does go muffled that it'll go away after I shift the laptop or change the angle it's sitting on.