Speakers on the new MBP, upgrade or same-old

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nzmc36, Oct 15, 2008.

1. nzmc36 macrumors member

I've an old (2003) PB 17" and have found the speakers to be next to useless with any kind of background noise. I'm guessing no one has the new MBP yet (mines on the way), but I was wondering if anyone can tell me if the newer MBP's have a better speaker system than the older units... I sure hope so, as I'm tired of having to wear headphones all the time. THX

2. nzmc36 thread starter macrumors member

Okay... I finally received the new MBP, 3 weeks after ordering. Compared to the PB this is soooooo much better (even c.f. my iMac 2.8 GHz system). The lid is so much sturdier, in fact the whole machine feel a LOT better to handle. The 17" PB always felt a little too flexible, granted this is a little smaller... an will flex less anyway, it's just much nicer. Hate the new 'clicker', so turned on the 'tap' function so I don't have to use it as much.

Back to the speakers.... they are several orders of magnitude better than my previous machine... much much much better. Not a lot in the way of bass, even with it bumped up... but still a LOT better.