Speakers "Popping" Problem... Again.

Discussion in 'macOS' started by OnlyMarcusCannn, Jul 23, 2007.

1. OnlyMarcusCannn macrumors regular

So when the 10.4.10 update came out, I was one of the "lucky" to get that "popping" noise when I had external speakers plugged in. Then the audio security update came out which solved the problem.

Now, for the past 2 days, I've been getting these popping noises again! Is anyone else experiencing this, or is this a problem for me, individually? It's so annoying, that popping, especially since my speakers have exceptional bass performance. Makes my ears want to bleed. :mad:

2. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I only had that problem on my intel mini, the update fixed it. What system are you working on? Did you check all of your cables?

3. OnlyMarcusCannn thread starter macrumors regular

I've checked all the cables, and it's still happening. I'm on OS Tiger (10.4.10[.1?]). Hmm, I guess I'll just have to wait it out!

4. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

I am sorry, I guess I meant to say what computer are you working on. One of your macbooks? Or another mac?

5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

When do you get the popping noise? I get a few clicks and pops at start up but that is all. I am assuming the system is testing or activating that portion of the software/hardware and that is why I am getting the noise. I do not get it at any other time.

6. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

I didn't even realize that this was a problem... it's been happening occasionally to me also. Sometimes it will pop when there should be a sound but I have the computer muted and other times it will do what you described when there is no sound at all. I usually just leave it alone because it doesn't bother me too much.

7. sparkyms macrumors 65816

I'm experiencing the same problem with my iMac, I can live with it, just sometimes its annoying.

8. OnlyMarcusCannn thread starter macrumors regular

Yep, I'm using one of my macbooks. My other macbook isn't updated to 10.4.10, it's still at .9, so it doesn't have the popping problems.

9. Daniel75 macrumors member

MBP 2.33 here - all updates - and I have this bloody "popping" sound too - when Im opening Skype, when Im deleting files from trash etc.. Annoying :(

10. ultimateceej macrumors regular

ultimateceej

11. Karvel macrumors regular

Yeah this mostly seems to happen with me when I try to record from the built-in iSight in iMovie.