Speakers Started to crackle but so do headphones!

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by sideflyingcows, Jan 2, 2009.

1. sideflyingcows macrumors newbie

i recently was tinkering around with the EQ of itunes and i turned the bass up a little too high with the earphones in so i started to hear a crackle so i took the headphones out pretty pist because they were 50$ headphones but then I played the song again and the speakers in my macbook pro were crackling too so i put my headphones in my iphone and they were not crackling. i reinstalled itunes went and updated to 10.5.6 and updated itunes also but still a crackle. ive replaced the song with a new one off the internet with no luck it happens with all of my songs it happens with ones without bass too. I re-synced my iphone and still no crackle there. Im stuck and really like to listen to music through my computer. HELP!!!:(

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

Did you reset the equalizer to "flat" afterwards?

3. sideflyingcows thread starter macrumors newbie

i changed it to bass boost and it worked fine but when i went to the slide on the left and put it up all the way it flipped out. is there any way i can go to bass boost without the crackle because my headphones are made just for bass. and its not the headphones fault. going to flat works but i was just wondering if i can get a bass boost without the crackle with the headphones. i put the slide back but it seemed damaged

edit

i fixed it i just put the slide on the left to the bottom and then turned up volume and its sounds great!! better bass is what i was looking for

4. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

5. sideflyingcows thread starter macrumors newbie

yep :p thanks your response made me go back and change the things around:D