Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JurgenWigg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Baltimore
Thinking about buying some new speakers and just wanted to know if anyone could offer some help - I'm not too sure what all the tech specs mean and how things might compare.

Currently I have Cambridge Soundworks PC speakers (http://www.cambridgesoundworks.com/store/category.cgi?category=mul_spk_csw&item=1100001246). They're about 5 years old at this point and have a bit of a hum if the speaker volume isn't at max (controlling the volume at the computer rather than the remote). Looks like they're retailing for about $100.

I was looking at replacing them with the Swan M10 (http://www.theaudioinsider.com/product_info.php?products_id=89). I've heard a lot of good things about them, plus they're pretty stylin. They're going for about $10 more than the soundworks.

Thoughts or comparisons?

CubeHacker

macrumors 65816
Apr 22, 2003
I don't have the Swan M10's but I do have the Swan M200's and I love them. I personally don't like 2.1 systems because the sub is usually too overpowering. However, if you want a decent 2.0 system like the M200's - make sure you have ample desk space, these guys are huge!

thegoldenmackid

macrumors 604
Dec 29, 2006
dallas, texas
I don't have the Swan M10's but I do have the Swan M200's and I love them. I personally don't like 2.1 systems because the sub is usually too overpowering. However, if you want a decent 2.0 system like the M200's - make sure you have ample desk space, these guys are huge!

The Swan's are different, rather then having a shaking subwoofer, it features a punchy midwoofer. It's not a monitoring solution, but for listening it's accurate and for $110 it's absolutely golden.

To the OP, hope you have checked out my thread and review.

JurgenWigg

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 20, 2006
Baltimore
The Swan's are different, rather then having a shaking subwoofer, it features a punchy midwoofer. It's not a monitoring solution, but for listening it's accurate and for $110 it's absolutely golden.

To the OP, hope you have checked out my thread and review.

I saw your unboxing and review thread (which is what sparked my interest), thanks for the mac feed review as well!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.