Speakers That Complement 30" ACD

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by clayj, Jan 21, 2008.

1. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

Hey all,

I am posting this question because I've looked and looked and looked and can't find what I am looking for, to whit: I am looking for a set of nice speakers that fit UNDER a 30" ACD.

I know all about the Altec Lansing FX-6021 speakers, and they're very nice, but due to the size constraints of my desk, I can't put them next to my ACD. I'd have to move the ACD much, much closer to me to make this work, and I don't want to sit that close.

I am convinced that someone out there must have a set of low-profile, wider-than-tall speakers that would fit underneath an ACD, to the left and right of the base stand. The Altec Lansing "Soundbar" is close to what I am thinking of, but it's too tall and it's a single unit, not two separate speakers.

Any ideas? Thanks for your help!

2. jbstingray macrumors newbie

I know both the Bose Companion 3s and 5s can be removed from their stands to be more compact. The 5s are worth the extra 150 for build quality, clarity, and features. Plus the 3s would look dinky under that huge display. The 5s may not match perfectly in terms of colors, but they match well enough for Apple to put them on every 30" ACD w/ Mac Pro display setup at every Apple Store I have been to...

3. clayj thread starter macrumors 604

clayj

This is a good idea.

Actually, last night I found that Bose has a new set of speakers called Computer MusicMonitors ( http://www.bose.com/cmm ) which should fit the bill. They're small (less than 4.5" x 4.5" x 2.5") and promise to offer pretty good sound.