Speakers

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by NiKeZz, Nov 14, 2010.

1. NiKeZz macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

Ok so I'm looking for some speakers for my room that I'm making into an office. I'm very limited on space so floor standing speakers will be out of my range. Price wise I'd like to look under $200 if possible. I'm looking for some high quality speakers that can put out some bass but also put out some very clear high frequencies to. I have plenty of power outlets so if they need there own power supply that will be no problem.

Any Helpers?:cool:

2. toxic macrumors 68000

are you looking for computer speakers, like ones from Logitech, or monitors, like from M-Audio? do you want a subwoofer?

3. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

Something Loud and clear. Prolly Studio Monitors yea.

4. toxic macrumors 68000

Audioengine A2
    M-Audio AV 40
    Swan D1080MkII08

those are all around $150-200 I think...if you want a sub, you'll have to go a bit cheaper and/or buy used. I'm using Swan D1010MkII's with an old Energy S8.3 sub I got for ~$80 off ebay. I've tried D1080MkII's before, I'd have those if cost and desk space weren't as much of a factor.

5. NiKeZz thread starter macrumors 6502

NiKeZz

I mean i guess i needa find a place to be able to tell the difference in the sound so i can choose my preference, but which one would you choose out of those two if you had never heard either.
    I feel ya on the subwoofers. I'm not gonna have a lot of room so it will prolly sit on the floor underneath my desk if i end up getting one. Thanks for the advice tho, ill definitely be picking up a set of those before New Years,

6. toxic macrumors 68000

do you mean the Swans? I'd definitely get the 1080's if I could afford them in either money or space. I can't give an opinion on the AV40 or A2 since I've never heard them, or any speakers from those brands.