Speakers

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by yorkshire, Nov 29, 2008.

1. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

yorkshire

Anybody know of any good, low priced speakers for the MB in the UK?

2. carlosbutler macrumors 6502a

carlosbutler

depends what you call low priced. but anything below £100, well there are some logiecth z550 i think they are called. apparently quite good, then there also ipod docks you could use (if you have an ipod) that have got aux in, that way you get two in one.

there are also Bose companion 2 which sounded reasonable, but also were very clean and tidy (ie lots less wires than other systems). but for portability i would go for an ipod dock, most likely the Logitech dock or a cube one, i cant rmember what its called but looked and sounded good

3. cdcastillo macrumors 6502a

cdcastillo

Cyber Acoustics...

If you want a nice and cheap set of speakers for your computer you can't go wrong with cyber acoustics.

I got my pair of 2.1 speakers about 4 years ago for 30 USD. The sound is incredible for a set of computer speakers this cheap, and they are still going strong after all these years and several changes of address.

Last christmass we organized a videogame party, and connected a wii and a PS2 to a wall projector, and using this set of speakers brought great enjoyable sound to the room.

There are several models of 2.1 speakers (I personally think anything more than a 2.1 system for your computer is intrusive and does not add much more to the delight of sound), and in ebay UK there is this guy that sells 2 models: one with only volume control (the one I have) for less than 20 quids (S&H included) and other with volume and bass control for about 40 quids.

Please note that I am not affiliated in any way to that guy over eBay, I'm just suggesting a place where you can get them (Cyberacoustics.com will charge you a lot more to ship to the UK).

Hope this helps.

4. yorkshire thread starter macrumors 6502a

yorkshire