Spec bump on rMBP 13" likely soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by daroga, May 7, 2014.

  1. daroga macrumors member

    Joined:
    Dec 13, 2011
    #1
    Hi everyone!

    I think I'm going to take the plunge on the rMBP. The refrub price on the 8GB / 256GB model is pretty much exactly the power I'd need and the price I can do.

    Just wondering if it seems likely that we'd see even a minor spec bump at WWDC. I don't have any reason to get it right NOW but I also have a trip in late June that I'd like to have the computer for, so there's also not a whole lot of reason to wait.

    I'm sure the performance bump will be minimal like the recent Air bump was, but just wondering if someone in the know knew whether Intel had chips out that were a bit faster that would be likely to be plugged into the rMBP before early summer or not.

    Or maybe a better question, assuming all the prices stay the same and they don't lower the entry levels down like the they did for the Air, would a spec bump to the retina likley do anything to the October 2013 rMBP refurb prices? Some of the older models still seem pretty expensive on there.

    Thanks!
     
  2. citivolus macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Sep 19, 2008
    #2
    I don't know the answer, but I too am keenly watching this and expecting a small upgrade at WWDC. I picked up a rMBP last week and will swap it out for a newer model if just for the resale value of have a newer model year for when I sell it a year or two from now. I hate to think that I'll have to return then re-buy two weeks later assuming an early June availability due to the 14 day return policy, but I guess there's no other option.
     
  3. mtneer macrumors 68020

    mtneer

    Joined:
    Sep 15, 2012
    #3
    If they do a MacBook Air like bump; it's no big deal. But if they shock everyone by carting out Broadwell, then it will suck.. Why not hold out a couple more weeks until WWDC falls within the return window?
     

Share This Page