Spec me Amp Plus Speakers

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by smogsy, Aug 3, 2008.

1. smogsy macrumors 6502a

im looking to get a AMP + 2 speakers that will connect to my mac pro & somtimes to my Macbook

So im Looking for your suggestions as ive never bought a amp + speakers seperatly before only ever bought stereo's or pc speakers.

i would like to spend UP to £450.

Things i would like
    Good sound Qaulity for Music/Online Radio
    Nice Looking is a bonus (Chrome/black)
    dightal connection to connect to Mac Pro
    Analog To Connect to Laptop
    Remote Control.
    CD Player (bonus!!)

They will be going on the wall using wallbrackets

ps im from England

Thanks
    Smog

2. Killyp macrumors 68040

Killyp

It's £80 more than you're looking to spend but:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bowers & Wilkins 686 loudspeakers
    Rotel RA04

You don't get a CD player, and I wouldn't look to 'skimp out' on the CD player either. You don't get a digital input, simply because an amplifier is an amplifier, not a digital to analogue converter (except for some cheap el-crappo budget systems which are more about features than performance). You don't get a remote control, and it's not remote controllable, but it sounds fantastic, and that's what it's all about.

I know it's more than you were willing to spend, but those speakers in particular perform way above their price bracket.

EDIT: forgot to mention, <u>do not</u> wall mount speakers - that's one way of completely wrecking 1) the cabinets and 2) the sound. Always look to have them on a good solid surface with something to absorb the vibrations beneath them (I use small cork tiles).