Specbump coming soon? perhaps 4th of October?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Philflow, Sep 28, 2011.

1. Philflow macrumors 65816

2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030

aziatiklover

Don't know your call, but I'm sure it will be out sometimes in 2012.

3. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I'm sure it won't happen on the 4th October. I don't know when... but I hope Apple will a hardware upgrade for MacBook Pro, otherwise I will just get one in Nov :)

You can't go wrong with the MacBook Pro, they're really powerful especially the high end 15" and 17" :eek:

4. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a

marshallbedsaul

I believe 2012 I am happy with the latest updates, why just a little bump now and a redesign laters? I think most people will wait.

5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

6. beosound3200 macrumors 6502a

buyers guide prediction is based on average number of days between refreshes, but as you can see from the 'recent releases bars' last 2 updates have 300+ days in between. but i dont think that would be the case this time, my prediction is that we'll see a minor cpu bto bump in the following months and that i can say with almost 100 percent certainty based on the past. and then we have a problem because intel will be releasing ivy bridge in march/april which would be 14 months between releases, so apple has two options: first one is that they could release a redesign (not update) in december/january (that would fit their current 10-months update schedule) with old cpu tech sandy bridge, or second one that they wait till march/april for the ivy bridge which would make more sense given the heat optimizations that ivy bridge brings and introduce the redesign then, maybe even with a keynote :)

7. Naimfan macrumors 68040

Naimfan

Actually, didn't Apple simply add the 2.8 GHz i7 as a BTO option? I don't think they changed the stock lineup, which had 2.4, 2.53, and 2.66 GHz processors. I would not count adding a BTO option as a "silent bump."

8. bigjobby macrumors 65816

Can't remember the specifics but I'm sure your'e quite right there. What I meant by 'silent' is that Apple didn't make any announcements or promote this on their site... ie. it just appeared as a BTO.

9. Philflow thread starter macrumors 65816

10. larxxor macrumors newbie

maybe a simple speedbump

Intel has an updated mobile cpu lineup coming out :

2670qm, 2760qm, 2860qm, 2640m

Perhaps the mbp lineup will be upgraded to those.

The quads are most interesting, with 2860qm at 2.5GHz, turbo to 3.5 GHz.

11. gboswellsac macrumors member

My math may be flawed but from the days from last upgrade shown I come up with 272 days average which would mean we have 52 more days to wait ...Maybe be late November or December but I'll bet late Jan, 2012 ... or is my math too old fashioned...:D

12. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

My guess is early November or January, they wouldn't release in December since it's too close to Christmas and they'd be nuts to do something like that. And due to the lack of rumors I'd guess January at the earliest and probably not until later unless it's a silent update.