Specbump coming soon? perhaps 4th of October?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Philflow, Sep 28, 2011.

  1. Philflow macrumors 65816

    May 7, 2008
  2. aziatiklover macrumors 68030


    Jul 12, 2011
    Location: and
    Don't know your call, but I'm sure it will be out sometimes in 2012.
  3. henry72 macrumors 65816


    Jun 18, 2009
    New Zealand
    I'm sure it won't happen on the 4th October. I don't know when... but I hope Apple will a hardware upgrade for MacBook Pro, otherwise I will just get one in Nov :)

    You can't go wrong with the MacBook Pro, they're really powerful especially the high end 15" and 17" :eek:
  4. marshallbedsaul macrumors 6502a


    Nov 14, 2007
    I believe 2012 I am happy with the latest updates, why just a little bump now and a redesign laters? I think most people will wait.
  5. bigjobby macrumors 65816

    Apr 7, 2010
    London, UK
  6. beosound3200 macrumors 6502a

    Nov 23, 2010
    buyers guide prediction is based on average number of days between refreshes, but as you can see from the 'recent releases bars' last 2 updates have 300+ days in between. but i dont think that would be the case this time, my prediction is that we'll see a minor cpu bto bump in the following months and that i can say with almost 100 percent certainty based on the past. and then we have a problem because intel will be releasing ivy bridge in march/april which would be 14 months between releases, so apple has two options: first one is that they could release a redesign (not update) in december/january (that would fit their current 10-months update schedule) with old cpu tech sandy bridge, or second one that they wait till march/april for the ivy bridge which would make more sense given the heat optimizations that ivy bridge brings and introduce the redesign then, maybe even with a keynote :)
  7. Naimfan Suspended


    Jan 15, 2003
    Actually, didn't Apple simply add the 2.8 GHz i7 as a BTO option? I don't think they changed the stock lineup, which had 2.4, 2.53, and 2.66 GHz processors. I would not count adding a BTO option as a "silent bump."
  8. bigjobby macrumors 65816

    Apr 7, 2010
    London, UK
    Can't remember the specifics but I'm sure your'e quite right there. What I meant by 'silent' is that Apple didn't make any announcements or promote this on their site... ie. it just appeared as a BTO.
  9. Philflow thread starter macrumors 65816

    May 7, 2008
  10. larxxor macrumors newbie

    Sep 30, 2011
    maybe a simple speedbump

    Intel has an updated mobile cpu lineup coming out :

    2670qm, 2760qm, 2860qm, 2640m

    Perhaps the mbp lineup will be upgraded to those.

    The quads are most interesting, with 2860qm at 2.5GHz, turbo to 3.5 GHz.
  11. gboswellsac macrumors member

    Apr 3, 2010
    San Antonio TX
    My math may be flawed but from the days from last upgrade shown I come up with 272 days average which would mean we have 52 more days to wait ...Maybe be late November or December but I'll bet late Jan, 2012 ... or is my math too old fashioned...:D
  12. 0007776 Suspended


    Jul 11, 2006
    My guess is early November or January, they wouldn't release in December since it's too close to Christmas and they'd be nuts to do something like that. And due to the lack of rumors I'd guess January at the earliest and probably not until later unless it's a silent update.

Share This Page