Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

biomatics

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2018
Northern California
Monday night (10/22) I noticed that the 3 Nor Cal Apple stores I checked at apple.com/retail all had “Special store hours” posted for October 30. Each was opening at 7:00 a.m. Pacific Time, which coincides nicely with the start of the October 30 Apple Event in New York, which is 10:00 a.m. Eastern Time.

Perhaps this indicates that the products introduced at the Event will be available immediately? I’m hoping that will be true for the new iPad Pros!

[For conspiracy theorists: Now on Tuesday morning, the Apple website has deleted the “Special store hours” for Oct. 30 for the Infinite Loop and Apple Park Visitor Center locations, which were present last night. But the San Fran Union Square listing still shows the Oct. 30 early opening.]
CORRECTION: As of 1:25 pm Pacific Time today, the Apple Park Visitor Center store now lists Oct. 30 Special opening hour of 7:00 a.m. Pacific.
IMG_1113.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpilot

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
I'm on the east coast, our store is just opening early on the 26th for the XR launch. But they will already be open 10am EST when the 30th event is going on. Do all West Coast stores have special hours on the 30th?

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Same here in Canada. Special hours Oct 26th 8am - 9pm

Yep opening at 9AM here is DFW area. I think biomatics has a great find. Although the presentation doesn't start until 9 AM LOCAL here, wonder if they will be available at 9 AM

Of course my local Apple store is long term closed for renovation, so over an hour to next nearest store. Rats

Last edited:

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
I'm on the east coast, our store is just opening early on the 26th for the XR launch. But they will already be open 10am EST when the 30th event is going on. Do all West Coast stores have special hours on the 30th?

Im in California and have yet to find one local store here in SoCal that will be open on the 30th for "Special Hours" already looked at 5 apple stores in the immediate area

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Im in California and have yet to find one local store here in SoCal that will be open on the 30th for "Special Hours" already looked at 5 apple stores in the immediate area

Several have posted early opening here in DFW area. Wonder if some stores just haven't posted yet

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
If iPads are immediately available I’m going to freak!

My local store (Tucson) doesn’t currently have special store hours listed for the 30th

Update: one store in Phoenix also has special hours listed for the 30th! Very exciting

Last edited:

lakerchick4life

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2007
If iPads are immediately available I’m going to freak!

My local store (Tucson) doesn’t currently have special store hours listed for the 30th

For education discount, does it apply to pre orders..or if it is available on the 30th does it still apply it would I have to wait?

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
For education discount, does it apply to pre orders..or if it is available on the 30th does it still apply it would I have to wait?
I think you can get an education discount on a pre-order, if the products are available for pre-order. Just shop through the educational section of Apple’s online store.

largefarrva

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2012
The store closest to me is showing special hours on the 30th as well. Opening at 9am central. So far it’s the only Chicagoland store showing special hours on the 30th.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
I suspect we'll see more and more stores posting their special hours over the next week.

Sure feels like they will be available on the 30th he said hopefully

wulfin

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2014
Calgary, AB
In Calgary, AB..
Market Mall and Chinook Centre both show special hours only for the 26th..which is the XR release date. Nothing for the 30th.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
If the theory is right, check back in a few days and see if it appears at the other stores

atmuwben

macrumors regular
Nov 9, 2013
Alternate theory: These are the stores with floor to ceiling monitors and will be showing the event to customers.

Jimpilot

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2014
No
Alternate theory: These are the stores with floor to ceiling monitors and will be showing the event to customers.

I don't know, show them the presentation and then tell them to come back another day to buy? I would think they would at least start pre-orders immediately

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Don’t count on this being a sign of immediate availability. The time is the same as the event so that’s likely the reason. And it’s probably only stores with the fancy video wall cause that’s what they will show the stream on

UltimateSyn

macrumors 601
Mar 3, 2008
Massachusetts
Don’t count on this being a sign of immediate availability. The time is the same as the event so that’s likely the reason. And it’s probably only stores with the fancy video wall cause that’s what they will show the stream on
Not so sure. The stores in my area don’t open until after the event has been on for an hour..

Socalshocker

macrumors member
Dec 2, 2012
Wishful thinking, have they ever in their (Apple) existence ever done an immediate availability on the same day as announcement? (Answer rhymes with “snow”)

That would basically only cater to Apple super fans and eliminate any additional sales from the announcement/word of mouth/early reviews etc...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.