Special Project... and what may seem like a silly question

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by JessicaSideways, May 19, 2014.

1. JessicaSideways macrumors newbie

I have a short movie project I'm planning once I can get my hands on a Sony a7s when they come out in July. I don't want to tip my hand too much but I was wondering - do you know if it is possible to use Camtasia while using Steam? Also, can you use Camtasia while also using Screen Sharing? Furthermore, do you know if there are any screen sharing apps that work well with iOS and can also work over a cellular network? Here is the hardware I'll be using for this project:

• iMac late 2013 edition, running Mavericks (of course)
    • Retina MacBook Pro, late 2013 edition, running Mavericks
    • iPad Air
    • iPhone 5S over Sprint

Also, if anyone has any suggestions about screen capture apps that may work better for Adobe Premiere Pro, please share. Merci beaucoup pour votre aide! :D

2. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Just so I am clear:

You mention the A7s but don’t have any questions about that?
    You want to know if camtasia will work whilst you are playing on Steam?
    You want to know the best method to screen record then get it into Premiere?

On the last point. Premiere is great with all manner of file types. h.264 is probably your best bet in terms of quality and file size and I’m not sure if the screen recorder programs will output a better flavour of video (ProRes, etc.)

One thing to bare in mind is that the framerate of whatever game you are playing could possibly take a hit whilst you are screen recording as you are asking your computer to complete more than one task.