Special screw driver where can I get it?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by btcomm, Nov 17, 2006.

  1. btcomm macrumors regular

    Oct 18, 2006
    I have an imac I bought a replacement SATA drive but the extra metal peice that conntects to the current HD has a star like screw head on it. Where can I get a screw driver that will be able to unscrew that piece so I screw that peice onto my new HD?
  2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus


    Mar 10, 2004
    Bergen, Norway
    It's called a torx, if it looks anything like those in that article. And, if memory serves me right (don't count on it at all, but that's what I used when replacing the HD in my Pismo and it's what's used on iBooks), you need a Torx 8. You should be able to get it in any hardware store...
  3. CEAbiscuit macrumors 6502a


    Jun 28, 2006
    The Kitchen
  4. btcomm thread starter macrumors regular

    Oct 18, 2006
    Thanks for the replys. One more question. the reason I bought this HD was because the HD that was in there seemed to be failing. I got the screw driver put the bracket thing on the new one, I boot up and still the HD is not seen in the disk utility. Do you think it might be the SATA cable or is it probrably something wrong with the logic board?

    I already tried setting the jumper so that it's setting is at 150 instead of 300.

Share This Page