Specials @ Apple Store

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miTunes75, Jan 23, 2011.

1. miTunes75 macrumors 6502

Does anyone know if there are any specials with a purchase of an ipad at the Apple Stores? I know sometimes they have specials going on, but the closest one to me is an hr away. Maybe someone has been to one lately that noticed something?

2. Xenc macrumors 6502a

Xenc

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I don't think so. You could call the retail store in question to ask. I've never heard of anything like this.

3. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Specials are very rare. The only ones I can think of off the top of my head are on Black Friday, and even those aren't all the impressive.

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You could save $30 off of MobileMe if you buy an iPad. But other than that, there aren't any specials that I know of.

5. koilvr macrumors 6502

koilvr

There is a special going on right now @ apple. It's the magic you will feel when you hold the magical iPad in your hands.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Apple generally doesn't offer specials, especially on products that they have trouble keeping on the shelves.

7. bigddybn macrumors member

8. baummer macrumors 6502a

They rarely do in-store specials. At best you could hope for is a slightly reduced price on Black Friday or the ability to attend some free training/classes (although if memory serves anyone off the street can attend a free training/class/etc.). If you're looking to save some money, your best bet is to buy from their refurbished section online or scour eBay and/or Craigslist.

9. baller1308 macrumors 6502a

They also give away iPods when you purchase a new Mac too, prior to the new school year starting.

10. deeddawg, Jan 24, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2011

deeddawg macrumors 604

The refurbs above are a good option if you want full warranty. Also consider Craigslist for an even better discount at the cost of less warranty remaining (fixable with buying AppleCare). That's what I did - mine is like new and even adding AppleCare at full price i'd save money compared to a refurb when you add in sales tax.