Specific ? About Making a Sitewide Change

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by Fabienne, Dec 12, 2010.

1. Fabienne macrumors 65816

Fabienne

I have a PHP driven shopping cart with the usual HTML/CSS to make it look good. I had a company put on a bit of code on each page a while back but I no longer need the code and want to take it off. The code is on about 250 pages and I am sure there is a way to pull down the site, take off the code, and replace the site with the minimum of time and trouble.

I have a couple of options to do this. The reason why I have not used them is that I am not sure what to call that maneuver I described above. I am sure there is a term for it, please tell me what it is if you know.

I have Homesite 5 and GoLive 6, Top Style 3 which I could use to streamline the task. Has anyone used any of those programs to change an entire website? How did you do it? If you used another method, please tell me how you did that.

I was thinking of using Homesite, importing the shopping cart (section at a time), search and replace the code with blank or a dot, save and ftp back to the host. Am I on track here?

I don't have Dreamweaver (not my style) and I prefer to use something more like a text editor than a wysiwyg program. Thanks for any light you can shed on this. I find that learning the correct term for what you want to do is about 80% of the battle.

2. UTclassof89 macrumors 6502

UTclassof89

"find/change"?

I use DW, but I'm sure GoLive has it too (could also be called "find/replace")--but don't change to a dot: use something innocuous like
    Code: