All iPads Specific Apple ID just for back ups?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by herdnerfer, Nov 20, 2013.

1. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

I think it's dumb that Apple gives 5gb iCloud space per Apple ID, instead of per device. Since my Apple ID is shared across 4 devices (Kids have ipads now), i have to work on keeping 4 back ups within that 5gb limit.

I could just as easily create 4 different Apple IDs for each device & have a roomy 5Gb each, but obviously i want to share the ID so i don't have to purchase apps multiple times, etc.

Do you guys know an easy way to setup an Apple ID strickly for the backup & keep a different Apple ID active in the apps store & such?

P.S. If Tim is reading this, 5Gb per device Tim!

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, but there is a way to get more than 5GB...

3. DisplacedMic macrumors 65816

i'm inclined to agree. If you purchase an Apple device then you are given 5gb of cloud storage so ostensibly the cost is included in the purchase of that item. I don't think it would be unreasonable for them to expand storage space with subsequent Apple purchases...at least for the first year anyway.

when i bought my HTC Evo LTE they gave me 25 gigs on dropbox for 2 years...

4. Eitel macrumors regular

You can use individual iCloud accounts on each device, and the same account for all of them under iTunes & App Store.

5. rmhop81 macrumors 68020

rmhop81

Use the same account on all devices under the store. Use different iCloud accounts set up under iCloud for backups. They don't have to be the same. Wife and I use a gmail account for the App Store and each have our own iCloud accounts for backup....

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This. I have the same setup, though for different reasons.