Specific ATT data question

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Flipadelphia, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Flipadelphia macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

So my new ipad is a 3g. I'm trying to decide what to do about data. Right now ATT has 250mb plan and a 2 gig plan.

I am also eligible for a phone upgrade.

I am wondering right now IF I wait until the new iPhone comes out I can do the following.

Get BOTH a new iPhone and a mobile MIFI hotspot at subsidized price. The mifi would end up being free. I can get a 3gig data plan for the same price as the 2gig plan for the mifi with my company discount. Then forgo the dataplan for the ipad and use the mobile hotspot.

Thoughts?

Will they let me purchase both items for the subsidized price with commitment??

2. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

3. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

Im pretty sure they would because you have to sign two different contracts. I might be wrong but 'm pretty sure you would need two separate accounts, therefore two contracts and two bills.

4. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

If this is the case, I bet they will give it to you so they can get an extra account from you. I had no idea they were 2 separate accounts.

5. poloponies macrumors 68030

It's no different than purchasing two phones. Each has it's own contractual terms (roughly 2-year payback). So no need to wait on the personal hotspot. If you want to go that route, get it now. It has zero effect on getting an iPhone later.