Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sniper9228

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
Is it possible to set multiple alerts for a (subscribed calendar) only? For example, I would only like one of my subscribed calendars to alert me two hours ahead of time. For all other calendars, it can be 15 minutes like default. Is this possible?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can do it for the different events, individually basically, but I don't think you can do it on whole calendar level.

pacorob

macrumors 68020
Apr 8, 2010
the Netherlands
Maybe some of the third party calendar offer this functionality. But for that you should check the description in the app store of those apps or contact the developer / check their website. A few great calendar apps are Week Calendar, BusyCal, Timepage, miCal. I really like and use Week Calendar daily but I'm not sure if they offer it. The bad thing with that app is that you have to buy a separate iPad and iPhone version though :(

BrianBaughn

macrumors G3
Feb 13, 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
I think that if you did this through a Google account you can get it to work. Put the Google account on your device (if you don't have one already) and check calendars (only) to sync (if you're just adding the account to get this functionality). Go to the Google Calendar web page, subscribe to the calendars (by URL), and set the notifications per subscribed calendar. Google subscribed calendars don't appear by default in the stock iOS Calendar app so you have to (in your device's Safari) go to https://calendar.google.com/calendar/syncselect and choose the subscribed calendars that you want to show in the iOS Calendar app.

Not sure what happens when you have default alerts set up in iOS Calendar. You might get alerts at the default times as well as the per calendar notifications that you set up at Google.

Also, Google subscribed calendars don't update frequently (every several hours, I think) so if it's a very dynamic calendar with frequent changes daily then you could run into issues.

sniper9228

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 21, 2014
I think this might work!

I think that if you did this through a Google account you can get it to work. Put the Google account on your device (if you don't have one already) and check calendars (only) to sync (if you're just adding the account to get this functionality). Go to the Google Calendar web page, subscribe to the calendars (by URL), and set the notifications per subscribed calendar. Google subscribed calendars don't appear by default in the stock iOS Calendar app so you have to (in your device's Safari) go to https://calendar.google.com/calendar/syncselect and choose the subscribed calendars that you want to show in the iOS Calendar app.

Not sure what happens when you have default alerts set up in iOS Calendar. You might get alerts at the default times as well as the per calendar notifications that you set up at Google.

Also, Google subscribed calendars don't update frequently (every several hours, I think) so if it's a very dynamic calendar with frequent changes daily then you could run into issues.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.