Specific Iphone Unlock Question

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by sk8erboy, Jul 16, 2009.

1. sk8erboy macrumors regular

Hi,

I just purchased an iphone off of craigslist. When I received this beauty, I was able to access the entire device and all of its applications. I tried fooling around with it and jail breaking but had no luck. Thus, I restored the iphone using itunes (thinking it was the first step to this long haul process). Now, having restored the iphone, however, the devices stays on a main screen asking me for a Sim Card. I don't have an ATT sim card but a t-mobile sim card, and it says that that mine is not compatible (of course it wouldn't be). What am I to do from here? I am operating a 3g 16gb 3.0 firmware iphone. Is it too much of a hassle to jailbreak and unlock it myself? I'm stuck at this start/main screen... did I screw myself over? Extremely confused and lost,

Thanks!
    Sk8erboy

2. sk8erboy thread starter macrumors regular

thanks guys - you are pretty awesome. one more question to throw your way, I am reading about redsn0w vrs. ultrasn0w vrs yellowsn0w. it seems like ultrasnow is the best unlock to use..... if i "hacktivate" my iphone using redsnow... will I be able to alter unlock/jailbreak/what-have-you using ultrasn0w?

Some people say complain their iphone doesn't get service, zilch internet connection, no SMS/Texts because of the way they unlocked/jailbroke their phone. Are all these sn0ws reversible so when the better hack/firmware is released I can utilize it?

3. Moi un Mouton macrumors 68000

Yes, go ahead.

If you get problems first time round, you just revert to clean 3.0 and do it all again :)