Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
Hi,

I just purchased an iphone off of craigslist. When I received this beauty, I was able to access the entire device and all of its applications. I tried fooling around with it and jail breaking but had no luck. Thus, I restored the iphone using itunes (thinking it was the first step to this long haul process). Now, having restored the iphone, however, the devices stays on a main screen asking me for a Sim Card. I don't have an ATT sim card but a t-mobile sim card, and it says that that mine is not compatible (of course it wouldn't be). What am I to do from here? I am operating a 3g 16gb 3.0 firmware iphone. Is it too much of a hassle to jailbreak and unlock it myself? I'm stuck at this start/main screen... did I screw myself over? Extremely confused and lost,

Thanks!
Sk8erboy

sk8erboy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 25, 2005
thanks guys - you are pretty awesome. one more question to throw your way, I am reading about redsn0w vrs. ultrasn0w vrs yellowsn0w. it seems like ultrasnow is the best unlock to use..... if i "hacktivate" my iphone using redsnow... will I be able to alter unlock/jailbreak/what-have-you using ultrasn0w?

Some people say complain their iphone doesn't get service, zilch internet connection, no SMS/Texts because of the way they unlocked/jailbroke their phone. Are all these sn0ws reversible so when the better hack/firmware is released I can utilize it?

Moi un Mouton

macrumors 68000
Mar 18, 2008
Bracknell UK
thanks guys - you are pretty awesome. one more question to throw your way, I am reading about redsn0w vrs. ultrasn0w vrs yellowsn0w. it seems like ultrasnow is the best unlock to use..... if i "hacktivate" my iphone using redsnow... will I be able to alter unlock/jailbreak/what-have-you using ultrasn0w?

Yes, go ahead.

If you get problems first time round, you just revert to clean 3.0 and do it all again :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.