Specific Question About the 9400M

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sclough, Jun 14, 2009.

1. sclough macrumors regular

I'm aware of the differences between the 9400M and the 9600GT. The reality is that I do nothing that's graphically intensive and that I would always use the 9400M for battery life. Here's my question: We occasionally hook up my MBP to the tv either to run Hulu full screen, or to rent a movie through iTunes and run it full screen. My Early 2008 never had a problem, but of course it has the 8600GT. Now, our tv setup is pretty low tech. It's a 30" regular old tv. We don't have a flat screen or HD or any of that stuff as we don't watch tv very much. My question is would the 9400M have any problem running full screen video to the tv in my setup?

2. a13x macrumors member

3. niuniu macrumors 68020

niuniu

A man of the people. The right sort of people.
  4. kolax macrumors G3

TV will run at a slightly lower resolution than your 13" MBP's display.. course it'll work ;)

5. mcbane666 macrumors member

TV's are low tech and dumb electronics, Laptops have been powering them for years. this will never be an issue again, Happy movie watching

6. CoffeeWarrior macrumors regular

7. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks. I know this is sad since I'm a programmer, but I know very little about tv's. However, it's nice to know it works for my uses. Out of curiosity, is the 9400M enough to power the newer HD tv's that run 1080 and such or is out of it's league on that kind of video?

8. CoffeeWarrior macrumors regular

Print out Yes it will handle 1080 P in C++ :)

9. mcbane666 macrumors member

Again 1080P is way lower res then your laptop handles no worrys, as I said compared to your laptop, the TV is just a dumb piece of equipment :cool:

10. sclough thread starter macrumors regular

:)

Great, thanks.