specific rumor forum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by squeeks, Apr 2, 2008.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

just for those

"what do you want to see on the next ****" threads

so we dont have to wade through 4 speculation threads in the MBP/iMac/macpro forums looking for people who need help

i know this is a rumor site, thats great, but its also an awesome tech support site as well..it would just be nice to keep those two things separate

i mean come on 50 some odd forums and sub forums and no rumors forum

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Rumors need to stay out of help forums. It's annoying when there are several on the same piece of hardware.

3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

So if the iMac/MacBook/MacBook Pro forums are for help, and so is the Mac OS X/Mac Applications, why is there a general help forum (Mac Basics) as well :confused:?

And where should rumour threads be posted?

4. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

are you suggesting we move all of the help threads into the mac basics forum:eek: that would be a disaster

i think a general rumors forum maybe for each of these topics

Mac Software Rumors (osx 10.6 or new versions of FCS)
    Desktop Rumors
    Notebook Rumors
    Ipod Rumors (including touch)
    Ipod Rumors

simple

this forum might have started out as a rumored site, but aside for the apple forums, and maybe macNN this is most likely the biggest mac help/discussion site on the net, and we should have separate forums for discussing rumors, heck we have separate forums for macbooks and macbook pros why not add a few more?

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

why not just have one forums called: Future Release Speculation

6. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

thats pretty much what i was proposing in my original post, yes

but if they wanted to get more specific, go with my second idea;)

7. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

Or just get rid of it all together if you can use the other categories.

8. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

true, i dont see much use for it, maybe turn that into the rumors forum:D

it seems there is a forum for pretty much everything macbasics is just kinda left out in the cold, more of a general problem forum..ive been trying to think of a problem that would fit there and not any other forum, and i just cant.

9. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yup, I think we need this as well. Because there simply are too many rumors/"what do you want in the next rev." threads in the Notebook/Desktop forums, where people are usually hoping to get help with something. Perhaps it could be broken up as such:

Mac Desktop Rumors (for all rumors regarding iMac, Mac Mini, and Mac Pro)
    Mac Notebook Rumors (rumors about MacBook /Pro /Air)
    iPod Rumors (all models except iPhone)

I don't think we really need a seprate iPhone spec. forum, since the iPhone forum already has 4 sections and seems to be doing fine so far.

10. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

but there surely isn't enough content for each to have their own forums, is there? wouldn't just one "Speculation/Future Release" forum be enough for all the models really?

11. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Yeah I guess so. But I was suggesting 3 total (desktops notebooks and iPods). But I just think that if we only have a single forum it might become cluttered quickly, but what you suggested certainly is a good place to start.

12. Hankster macrumors 68020

Hankster

I agree. There is only so much "speculation" someone can do about any product or company. There is no reason for multiple boards, they'll just end up being barely used or bombarded with spam. Even with that, the current boards seem to hold the "speculation" comments pretty well. I don't find too many threads about the same topic.

13. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

I see this getting out of hand very easily and not really adding much.

MR publishes a variety of rumors and users are free to comment on them and suggest their own opinions; isn't that pretty good?

What would we get by allowing people to post their own random speculations in a hardware-specific fashion?

Unless I'm misunderstanding the idea.

14. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the idea is to give a place for those who are looking forward to the updates down intel's roadmap and published info, and as to how apple may use that

15. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

But there is the "Apple and Industry" forum for that, and the original news stories themselves for that (Arn almost always publishes stories about roadmaps well ahead of time).