Specific songs won't play

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheBonk, Mar 18, 2008.

1. TheBonk macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Specific songs on m touch won't play at all for some reason. This is the second Touch I've owned. Same thing happened with the same songs with my last Touch. The songs play normally on my Nano. Why won't they work on a Touch?

2. davidy macrumors 6502

davidy

Are you saying that the songs don't show up in the list of songs in your touch? Or are you saying that the songs are in the list of songs but that they don't play?

3. delude macrumors 6502

I have the same (or a similar) problem. Say I'm playing all of my songs on shuffle, then it would switch to the next song and show the covert art, but there will be no noise whatsoever. I think that it is only happening with one Rage Against The Machines album though.

4. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

This is bizarre. Did you tell Apple when you returned the last Touch of this issue? Are these songs you downloaded from iTunes? What are the settings on these particular songs that won't play? If you don't know how to tell I can walk you through it in iTunes.

5. TheBonk thread starter macrumors 6502

TheBonk

Once you said 'check the settings' I checked to find out that the song settings didn't seem quite right. So I converted the songs that didn't work to AAC format. Works great now.

6. digitalnicotine macrumors 65816

digitalnicotine

Good, I'm glad it was a simple fix and you have it all working now! :)