Specifically FITTED hard sleeve for 15" macbook pro retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by unagimiyagi, May 27, 2014.

1. unagimiyagi macrumors 6502a

Hi,

I have a 15" macbook pro retina, and I am looking for a hard shell sleeve for this laptop.

The only two candidates that I see are the Thule 2.0 gauntlet and the Booq Viper case. All of them are too big for the macbook pro retina and leave the laptop sliding around inside the case.

I can verify this from seeing the Thule 2.0 in store. It's not at all made for the macbook pro retina if you ask me. It's more for the macbook pro.

I saw a Thule "1.0" gauntlet lying around at another store, and it is smaller than the Thule 2.0 gauntlet. It fits the retina better but even then my laptop still slides around.

Does anyone make a hard shell sleeve specifically for the retina models that doesn't leave any wiggle room?

Hardcandy made a hardshell sleeve for the 13" macbook air that was PERFECT, but alas, they don't seem to make a 15" version.

As a last resort, I'm open to the a neoprene or foam sleeve that's not ridiculously huge if someone can convince me that they protect just fine.

2. WitneyWitNoAch macrumors newbie

WitneyWitNoAch

incase

Try incase. They don't have many colors to chose from, but it fits perfectly on my 15". I recently switched to another incase hardshell because i wanted a different color. I had a small piece of the case come off but when I took it off, my macbook was still in perfect condition, so it does its job of protecting the computer