Speck 13" SeeTru case for MBP2010 - how it affects heat dissipation ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mjoshi123, May 27, 2010.

1. mjoshi123 macrumors 6502

mjoshi123

I've seen this 13" Speck Seethru Case which makes sense in terms of helping with avoiding scratches on MBP. I've question how it affects heat dissipation from the device ? Apple store itself sells this accesory so not sure if it harms system or helps.

Also what is difference between Speck Seethru case and Speck Seethru Satin case ?

Also what is best laptop pad to stop burning your legs after hour or two of MBP usage. I want something that is comfortable and small.

2. brendu macrumors 68020

I have the speck satin case and love it.. heat dissipation does not seem to be a problem because the majority of the heat escapes from the vents on the back where the case is not covering. It does help a bit in keeping the macbook from getting super hot on your legs but you can still feel the heat when it gets hot. The biggest complaint I have with the satin case is that it shows fingerprint smudges all over.. it comes with a microfiber cloth you can wipe it clean with but its an endless battle... Overall thats a small issue to deal with given the protection the case gives your macbook...

3. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i use my mbp box to put my mbp on when i use it on my lap. sounds ridiculous but it feels perfect lol. and its free!