Speck 17" Satin Hardshell Case fit new MBP?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by markp9114, Apr 16, 2010.

1. markp9114 macrumors member

I want to order this case for my new 17" MBP that is coming soon. However, i think the size dimensions have changed from the previous models. Do you think it would still fit?

2. TiberiusXavier macrumors member

Both the 2009 and 2010 models are the same dimensions: 15.47 x 10.51 x 0.98 inches
    I think the unibody frame is identical including the ports on the left-hand side, so it would seem to still fit.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

The external dimensions didn't change. After owning both Speck & Incase, I say go with the latter.

My thoughts on the former, here.

4. hajime macrumors 68040

Does the case block the new MagSafe connector slightly?

5. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This thread says no.

6. MARCHAND macrumors newbie

RESPONSE TO SPECK 17" Cases Fitting

First off, they are the same so the case fits fine. HOWEVER, Apple is now delivering with the MBP a new style power adapter like the ones that came with the air books. And because of the tang that snaps on to the left back corner of machine it does not connect without turning it toward the ports. This is compromising using the ethernet port. SO unless you have a previous power block the frustration begins. I see Speck having to redesign the way the case snaps onto the MBP.
    Greg
    WWW.marchandtechnologies.com

7. kenstee macrumors member

Need some clarification here...do the Speck cases fit the new 15" or not...

Apple is now delivering with the April, 2010 MBP a new style power adapter like the ones that came with the air books. And because of the tang that snaps on to the left back corner of machine it will not properly connect when the Speck case is attached without turning the connector toward the ports and thus it blocks the Ethernet port. SO unless you have a previous power block the frustration begins. Does Speck have to redesign the way the case snaps onto the MBP?

Is this true....or not........