Speck Apple Watch Case

Discussion in 'Apple Watch Accessories' started by applegeek01, Mar 16, 2015.

1. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

Not that I plan on protecting my watch with cases or screen protectors I thought that I would share this. Saw this in a Speck email. Thought I would share for those who might be interested in this type of product.

Attached Files:

2. largefarrva macrumors 6502a

They can't even get a decent looking option for the iPhone 6+ and they want to make a case for the Apple Watch now too? What are they thinking?

3. Mr. Buzzcut macrumors 65816

Mr. Buzzcut

4. DJLAXL macrumors 6502

DJLAXL

Maybe an InvisibleShield. I have one on my Movado, and will definitely have one for my Watch. I bang my watch a lot at work and out and about. But a full case seems pointless?

5. soya macrumors 6502

soya

Oh come on please, no case.. It's not a phone.

6. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

That's probably the most I would go for as well. As long as I couldn't tell it was on. Knowing speck they will probably try to make some kind of candyshell case.

7. docprego macrumors 65816

It doesn't. Hopefully these are bands.

8. AreYouIn? macrumors 6502a

AreYouIn?

9. scrapple macrumors regular

scrapple

ever think that they might be making a watch band?

10. GrumpyMom, Apr 19, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2015

GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

I think it looks cute on the Sport and teen wearers and quirky fashionistas would have fun with it like my peers did with Swatches and their accessories back in the 80's.

But even though I'm considering slapping a Spigen armor case on my watch for the few hours a week that I'm working near landscape stones and concrete in the gardens, I can say that I did not spend the extra $200 on stainless steel to cover it up with something like that during general wear. However it's not in my nature to make fun of someone who would. To each their own.

Edit to add, I took another hard look at it. I think it will look really nice with some of the athletic gear that comes in bright colors. I do think it will look nice on male athletes, too, not just the teens and fashionistas I mentioned earlier. It's a better looking product for general wear than the Spigen cases are. They do specify the Sport watch in their advertising so they likely recognize people with the non-Sport models aren't likely to be drawn to this product.

11. Applenoob34 macrumors regular

If it was all black, I'd definitely rock that. I have the sport on order, so I would like a little extra protection. That's assuming it wouldn't infere with the crown or swiping on the display.

12. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

Of course for drop protection. Because I drop my watch off my wrist SO often.

Looks like they're using the same business model that works for iPhone. They fail to realize this is entirely different and it sounds like the company doesn't really understand the watch.

They could make much more money selling watch specifics like stands or bands. Or, you know, innovating. Nice sport bands for $30 with a brand name like this would fly off the shelves.

13. dnoph macrumors member

I think it looks terrible.

I can barely understand getting a case for your watch, but if the case makes the watch look better, I might be inclined to buy it

14. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

For all those who think a watch case is silly, I agree for regular everyday use. I laughed out loud at the first case I saw.

But then I started to think about when I went snowboarding, or when I did any sport that might possibly scratch or mess up my watch in some way (shock, etc.), and I realized that I might need a case afterall.

Speck always made great products for shock absorption, and their button feedback is excellent. If the price is right, this is something I might consider for any activity that may damage my watch.

15. sheaitisnotso macrumors regular

Actually that's not bad. A case like this is great for those of us that workout with weights - why they show a guy holding a kettle bell. I go to a boot camp gym and we are often using kettle bells and I've worried about nicking up my soon to have in hand apple watch while using them.

16. mr.anthonyramos macrumors regular

mr.anthonyramos

Not really looking forward to this. Their designs were never great in the first place.

17. Esoom macrumors 6502

Esoom

18. Applenoob34 macrumors regular

I just ordered the Spigeon rugged armor case. If I had the ss apple watch I wouldn't put a case on it. However, with the ion x glass and aluminum body, I think it's a good idea to add some protection.

19. Scaleo macrumors member

I also bought the Spigen Rugged Armor, mostly because I kinda like the look of it. Remembers me at my old G-Shock. And for a Space Gray Sport it's not the ugliest thing imo and it also have a decent protection when I'm at work.