Speck Candy Shell (Black/Grey) pics included

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by map1978, Jul 3, 2010.

1. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Just wanted to post some pics of the black/grey candyshell for anyone thinking about getting this case.

Every at&t store I go into has like 3 or less cases lying around and usually girly ones. I was walking out and the rep handed me the black version from behind the register because the guy never showed up for it.

Case adds a little bulk, but not that bad. Solid feel and feels comfortable in the hand. All cutout openings are great and no flash problems. My right angle headphones fit and work perfectly. Seem to be NOT a lint collector and goes in and out of shorts pockets easliy.

Here are the pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. PittsDriver macrumors 6502a

PittsDriver

I've had this case for a few days. Careful when you take it off the bottom piece likes to crack.

3. cavemonkey50 macrumors 6502

Thanks for the pictures. I just have a few of questions. How are the volume and sleep/wake buttons through the rubber? Are they fairly responsive? Any issues with positioning them?

I keep on calling every AT&T store looking for this case. I'm hoping when Speck completes their redesign of the camera cutout they become more available.

4. map1978 thread starter macrumors 68020

map1978

Thanks...seems like a pain to get off, your right. Seems like a good case that wont collect much dust inside the case.

Yea they are a rubbery feeling and very responsive...no problems at all. Camera cutout works fine and done get a flash bounce off the case

5. bobright macrumors 601

6. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

I have this. Its one of the best cases out there right now. The buttons are all responsive. And I doubt you will be able to find any CandyShells for the i4. ATT told me there is no inventory at this time for CandyShells and that their ETA of getting more in the pipeline is August.

It adds bulk but I do not mind it at all. Its more like a brick? But if you are looking for slim then find a Feather. But they offer no protection.

The back of the Candyshells scratch easily so you'll see scratches within hours of use.

The 3G/S CandyShells tended to crack near the bottom (that thin piece between the sync/charger port). But this one seems as if its built more sturdy but only time will tell. IF it does crack you can contact Speck and they will replace it.

If you walk into an ATT store ASK FOR THEIR I4 CASES. For whatever reason they were told to "hide" a few of them from customers.

7. jrodsep macrumors 6502

jrodsep

How hard is it to take off? I have heard horror stories of trying to take this case off. Is it really that bad? Since the i4 is so fragile, can it damage your phone?

8. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Its not a breeze to take off like a silicone might be but I've taken mine off 4 times already. Yeah its a tad difficult but its not bad.

The scariest case I encountered with removal has been the Body Glove VIBE case.

9. Romanesq macrumors 6502a

Romanesq

Nah

Had a case off bay, was nightmare trying to get the top off.

Body Glove Vibe gets easier and comes off easy now. Top always first.

Saw the Candyshell today and it has good protection. Thicker and not a great color scheme but good on safety.

10. thadoggfather macrumors 604

thadoggfather

How do you not have flash problems? It seems to be a common problem, which is why Speck is replacing my case when they come out with revised ones.

Otherwise, it's fantastic (scratches aside, but better that than the phone of course)

:)