Speck Candy Shell/Damage

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by mpossoff, Jan 5, 2011.

1. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Does the candyshell damage the bezel on the iPhone 4?

2. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

Don't think so. The phone is wedged in there pretty tight though so if you were to get any debris in there THEN maybe some damage may occur. The interior of the case is a rubbery, some call it flaky, material so I doubt that would cause any damage by itself.

3. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

As long as you clean it out before you put the phone in then no. Part of the reason I like the Candyshell is that the entire inside is lined with rubber unlike the DRX from Incipio and the Pop from Case-mate. Those 2 each have pieces of exposed plastic.

Basically nothing on your phone touches plastic when it is in the Candyshell.

While the case looks like it has been through a war after less than a week due to the scratches and chunks of plastic missing due to me dropping it, to me it is one of the best overall protective cases outside of the Otterbox that you can buy.

I picked up a White one on amazon for 10 bucks to replace my black one.

4. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

I just got the candyshell flip in grey/blue....cool color combination and love the rubbery inside material. Dont see that scratching the phone at all....the outside plastic though, looks like it wont last a few days w/o getting a scratch. I just hope the rubber/silicone doesnt start to flake as others have reported.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

It will flake, but honestly after a couple of days, it will stop. Mine flaked away at the corners. It lasted a day or two. After the pieces essentially flaked away all was good and no more flaking issues.

Also the plastic will look like crap on anything other than the white after a couple days of just sliding it in and out of your pocket.

Besides that, it is very protective with little bulk and no silicone to stick to your pockets.

6. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

good to know that the flaking does stop eventually and doesnt just continue to deteriorate. LoL

7. weisjt macrumors 6502a

weisjt

8. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

nice,thorough review....thank you.