Speck Candy Shell Grip or Thule Atmos X3 for Iphone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by milesc3, Feb 15, 2015.

1. milesc3 macrumors newbie

I've narrowed down my choices to these two after being thoroughly frustrated with the Otter Box Defender. I'd like some thoughts from users that have one or both of these cases. I want a case that will offer solid protection whose components won't damage the quality of the Iphone6. I have a Verizon glass screeen saver currently.

2. AE14, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

AE14 macrumors 6502a

I have used both for the 6 plus and they are 2 of my favorite 6 plus cases. The Thule feels more durable to me and is more scratch resistant. Although it's wider in the hand and doesn't have a lot of lip.

Both are quite grippy. The speck does scratch easily however both bother me with ostentatious company branding. (My opinion). I also like the commuter as well

3. milesc3 thread starter macrumors newbie

Which case are you using now?

4. kgenova macrumors 6502a

kgenova

I haven't tried the Candyshell for the 6 Plus, but the Atmos X3 for the 6 Plus is awesome. Great build quality, excellent grippy hand feel...love that case! I did a YouTube review of it a while back:

http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g

Thanks!

Kristin

5. AE14, Feb 15, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 15, 2015

AE14 macrumors 6502a

I am using the grip right now. Thinking about going back to the leather and leaving he grip or atmos as my backup when I need more durability.

I will also note that the commuter is the best of the Otterbox cases out there. Not a huge fan of multiple pieces to cases, but the fit is tight and you can use the screen protector to cover the apple logo on the back.

6. skiltrip macrumors 68030

I love the Candyshell Grip. I had one on my Note 4, my 6 Plus, and now I've got one on my 6. The fit is awesome on the 6. The grip is top notch. It's the only case I've gotten for the 6 that I've put on when I got it and haven't taken off since because it feels so good in the hand. There's really nothing I'd change about this case, and I'm pretty picky about this stuff.
    [​IMG]

7. milesc3 thread starter macrumors newbie