Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milesc3

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
I've narrowed down my choices to these two after being thoroughly frustrated with the Otter Box Defender. I'd like some thoughts from users that have one or both of these cases. I want a case that will offer solid protection whose components won't damage the quality of the Iphone6. I have a Verizon glass screeen saver currently.

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I've narrowed down my choices to these two after being thoroughly frustrated with the Otter Box Defender. I'd like some thoughts from users that have one or both of these cases. I want a case that will offer solid protection whose components won't damage the quality of the Iphone6. I have a Verizon glass screeen saver currently.
I have used both for the 6 plus and they are 2 of my favorite 6 plus cases. The Thule feels more durable to me and is more scratch resistant. Although it's wider in the hand and doesn't have a lot of lip.

Both are quite grippy. The speck does scratch easily however both bother me with ostentatious company branding. (My opinion). I also like the commuter as well

Last edited:

milesc3

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 29, 2013
Which case are you using now?

I have used both for the 6 plus and they are 2 of my favorite 6 plus cases. The Thule feels more durable to me and is more scratch resistant. Although it's wider in the hand and doesn't have a lot of lip.

Both are quite grippy. The speck does scratch easily however both bother me with ostentatious company branding. (My opinion). I also like the commuter as well

kgenova

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2013
I haven't tried the Candyshell for the 6 Plus, but the Atmos X3 for the 6 Plus is awesome. Great build quality, excellent grippy hand feel...love that case! I did a YouTube review of it a while back:

http://youtu.be/K4qkELfJH-g

Thanks!

Kristin

AE14

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
Which case are you using now?

I am using the grip right now. Thinking about going back to the leather and leaving he grip or atmos as my backup when I need more durability.

I will also note that the commuter is the best of the Otterbox cases out there. Not a huge fan of multiple pieces to cases, but the fit is tight and you can use the screen protector to cover the apple logo on the back.

Last edited:

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I love the Candyshell Grip. I had one on my Note 4, my 6 Plus, and now I've got one on my 6. The fit is awesome on the 6. The grip is top notch. It's the only case I've gotten for the 6 that I've put on when I got it and haven't taken off since because it feels so good in the hand. There's really nothing I'd change about this case, and I'm pretty picky about this stuff.
2f9ffc65b6716c9d23bf41606436a5a4.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.